Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list

  1. #1
    Stewart
    Guest

    Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list

    I would like to know how to make a pick list (a "list" of names) conditional
    on what was picked in the previous column pick list (e.g. of the 4 main areas
    of a plant (pick list/ column A), there are anywhere from 3 to 5 sections
    within each main area. I would like to format/program the second pick list
    (coumn B) to only show the list of sections corresponding to the 'main area'
    selected in column A. Then I need to do this for a third pick list (specific
    equipment). If you have an example, it would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Making pick list conditional on selection from previous pick list

    Hi Stewart,

    See Debra Dalgleish's Dependent List page at:

    See also XlDybnamic's page on Dependent Dropdowns:

    http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman