Suppress Zeros in a Pivot Table

  1. #1
    Simon Shaw
    Guest

    Suppress Zeros in a Pivot Table

    Can I suppress zeros in a Pivot Table? Many of the results are zero, how can
    I hide the rows without using a macro.

    thanks

    Simon Shaw

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Suppress Zeros in a Pivot Table

    You could add a column of formulas in a hidden part of the pivot table
    worksheet, then use it to filter the pivot table.

    For example, if your pivot table is in cells A3:J100, and has two row
    fields, enter the following formula in cell R2:

    =AND(A2="",B2<>"",SUM(C2:P2)=0)

    Copy the formula down to the last row to which the pivot table will
    potentially reach

    In cell R1, enter a heading, e.g. Filter
    Select cell R1, and choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter
    From the dropdown list, select FALSE

    Make sure that your print area doesn't include this column.
    Also, you'll have to reapply the filter if you refresh the pivot table,
    or rearrange the pivot table.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Simon Shaw
    Guest

    Re: Suppress Zeros in a Pivot Table

    Thanks,

    This was what I ended up doing... I just hoped there was an easier way.