Mail merge works with Forms but not with Labels

  1. #1

    Exclamation Mail merge works with Forms but not with Labels

    Hi,

    I am importing data for a Form and Label merge from Excel into Word. My columns in excel are as follows :

    Cust ID#/ Company/ JobTitle / BusinessStreet / BusinessCity / BusinessState BusinessPostalCode

    Some of these records have blank lines.

    When i do an import into Word as FORM it works okay and suppresses blank lines.

    However, when i import into labels even though word SAYS it will suppress blank lines it does not.

    There has to be some way other than pressing delete 2000 times on blank lines!

    Any ideas?

  2. #2

    Re: Mail merge works with Forms but not with Labels

    I'd cheat and save a copy of the workbook with the blank rows deleted -- or
    maybe just delete all the blank rows and keep that for my master.

    One way to delete the blank rows is to find a column that is always used when
    the row is used.

    Then data|filter|autofilter

    Filter to show blanks and delete those visible rows.

    =======

    If you don't get a better response, you may want to ask in a .word newsgroup.

  3. #3

    Got It !

    Thanks for your help. I was playing around with deleting the rows and columns.

    I found out that excel does not regard a row as empty EVEN if there is no data in it. The empty rows have further deleted by Data-Clear-All to remove all kinds of formatting etc.

    Once i did that it worked fine.