Dropdown list from another spreadsheet doesn't work if close sourc

  1. #1
    Kuche
    Guest

    Dropdown list from another spreadsheet doesn't work if close sourc

    I created a dorpdown list from a column in another spreadsheet by creating a
    name and linking it to the location of the source spreadsheet.
    It works fine when the source spreadsheet is open. If I close it the
    dropdown list stops working.
    Any idea?

  2. #2

    Re: Dropdown list from another spreadsheet doesn't work if close sourc

    Keep that other workbook open???

    Maybe use a worksheet that uses formulas to retrieve the values from that closed
    workbook.

    Then use that range as the source for your Data|validation.