Merging excel spreadsheets

  1. #1

    Merging excel spreadsheets

    On a weekly basis a receive 7 spreadsheets from different people with their own set of data ( all numbers ) and all sheets are in the same format.

    Is there anyway in which on receipt i can take this data off the sheet and import it into my own summary sheet in excel.

    Any advice very welcome

    Thank you

    Darren

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Merging excel spreadsheets

    You can use a for/each loop by opening each and copying the data to the next
    available line on your summmary sheet. Record a macro while doing it
    manually to get the idea. To get the last row use something like
    lastrow=sheets("summarysheet").cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row+1
    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Merging excel spreadsheets

    Hi DarrenWood

    I have code examples on my site to do this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  4. #4

    Thanks

    Thanks for your suggestions, I have never used macros before but this has encouraged me to try and with great success,

    Thank you