How to Paste without changing row height

  1. #1

    How to Paste without changing row height

    Hi All,

    Every time I paste a table from Access to Excel, I have to reset the row height to 12.75 (Excel automatically wraps text and makes each cell three times its normal height). Is there any way that I can make this height constant until I change it?

    Thank you,
    Sara

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How to Paste without changing row height

    Hi

    I have this problem too - and I move a lot of stuff from Access to Excel. If
    you go to Format|Cells and click on the alignment tab and clear the Wrap
    Text box (usually requires 2 clicks) it should do what you want. I have
    posted in Access and Excel newsgroups to try to find a way round this - but
    have had no responses.
    Hope this helps.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul D. Simon
    Guest

    Re: How to Paste without changing row height

    Even though the row heights of a new worksheet show as 12.75, they
    aren't actually "set" to that height, which is why data you paste in
    can adjust that height. So all you have to do is "set" the row height
    before pasting in the data.

    Choose the rows in which you want to paste the data (or the entire
    worksheet if you want), then do Format>Row>Height, enter a number (or
    leave the 12.75 default as is) and click OK . Now the row height is
    actually set, and when you paste in the data, the height will not
    change.

    As an alternative, instead of doing Paste, do Edit>Paste Special>Text.
    That will paste in the data using plain text which won't adjust the
    heights. However, being plain text, you'll find yourself having to do
    some other formatting to get it to look the way you want.