Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data source?

  1. #1
    angie
    Guest

    Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data source?

    I'm trying to make labels and envelopes but I want Excel as my data source to
    be linked in the Word mail merge in case of changes to the data source and
    then it will automatically change in the mail merge. I can do that part but
    when I ready to share this information with other people within the
    organization, it states it can't find the data source that I've used. Please
    help, if would save me a lot of time. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data source?

    Is the Excel file on your PC drive or on a network drive?
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  3. #3
    angie
    Guest

    RE: Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data source?

    It's on a PC Drive.

  4. #4
    angie
    Guest

    RE: Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data sou

    It's on a PC Drive

  5. #5
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data sou

    Can you store it on a network drive that all have access to?
    --
    Sincerely, Michael Colvin

  6. #6

    Re: Link excel and word in mail merge without losing your data sou

    Unless you do something special (share a folder on your pc and always leave that
    pc on), the other users can't see the data.

    It would be much easier to put that excel file on a common network folder.