Using angled column headings and borders

  1. #1
    Lisa H
    Guest

    Using angled column headings and borders

    I'm trying to use angled column headings and borders so I can fit many
    columns across the page. I've tried following an article called "Using angled
    text and borders in Excel", but my results aren't very good--I'm having
    trouble placing the angled borders and angled text properly. My borders don't
    bend at the same angle, I guess because the columns are different widths.
    Also, the angled border sometimes runs through the angled column head. Can
    anybody help?

    Thanks!
    Lisa H

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Using angled column headings and borders

    Lisa,

    If you angle the text (Format>Cell>Alignmnet and then use the dial to get
    your angle)

    and then add a border to each cell

    you should find that it all works, clean, separated, and regardless of
    column width.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lisa H
    Guest

    Re: Using angled column headings and borders

    Bob,

    It's the "add a border to each cell" part that I'm having trouble with. How
    exactly do I add the borders so that they slant properly? When I put in a
    diagonal border, its angle doesn't match the angle of the text. When I put in
    a vertical border, it's just vertical.

    Thanks,
    Lisa H

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Using angled column headings and borders

    Lisa,

    You don't have to make the border slant, just put the normal box border
    around the text. If you slant the text, Excel will automatically slant the
    border for you.