Finding the Best Price

  1. #1

    Finding the Best Price

    I am creating a spreadsheet that will show me what suppliers give me the best price. There are three companies that supply me and i want to be able to type in each of their prices and the spreadsheet gives me back the cheapest price. At the moment i have been trying different if statements but can't get it to work.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    could you use the worksheet function - MAX?

  3. #3
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Finding the Best Price

    Can you give us a bit more information as to what you have in your
    spreadsheet? It's difficult to answer appropriately without knowing what
    you have set up already.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Midd
    I am creating a spreadsheet that will show me what suppliers give me the best price. There are three companies that supply me and i want to be able to type in each of their prices and the spreadsheet gives me back the cheapest price. At the moment i have been trying different if statements but can't get it to work.

    Assuming that all the quoted prices are in, for example, Cells B1:B3, the lowest price can be determined with this formula

    =min(B1:B3)

    You can modify this formula to suit your needs.

    Regards.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX