removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells

  1. #1

    removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells

    I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet.
    Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in
    blank cells?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells

    Select the cell that contains (blank), and type a space character.

    Or, if you don't want to include the data for blanks, click the dropdown
    arrow on the field heading, and remove the check mark from (blank).

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3

    Re: removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells

    You may even want to get Debra Dalgleish's addin.
    http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn.html
    Features described here:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html