Space for "list"-name

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Space for "list"-name

    Hi!

    I'm having some problems with my "name boxes". The thing is that I have combo boxes that change their values after the choices made in the previous combo boxes so too speak.

    What I've done is to set name to some lists and use INDIRECT() in data validation... I guess you know what I mean...

    However, the problem is that you can't name a list with a space in the name. For example you can't name a list "North America", it seems like it must be "NorthAmerica" instead. Is there a way to solve it!?!?

    Sorry for my poor english

    Thanks in advance

    Jake

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Space for "list"-name

    You can use the Substitute function with the Indirect function, as shown
    here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html#TwoWord

    --
    Debra Dalgleish