Is there a way to compare a pivot table refreshed data to old one

  1. #1
    Wes
    Guest

    Is there a way to compare a pivot table refreshed data to old one

    I have a pivot table that I refresh twice a week. Is there a way to flag what
    changed from the prvious time that data was uploaded?

  2. #2
    Jonathan Cooper
    Guest

    RE: Is there a way to compare a pivot table refreshed data to old one

    You might be able to work around it in the following way.

    Before you refresh, double click on the Grand Total of your pivot table.
    This will extract all the details that support that pivot table total. Then
    refresh your data, and repeat the process.

    Now in a seperat worksheet, copy/paste the old data in cell B1 (including
    headings). Label cell A1 with the word "when". Then starting in A2, all the
    way down to the bottom of your data range, input the word "before".

    Copy/paste your new data (without headings) at the bottom of this data
    range. Put the word "after" next to that set of data.

    Then run a new pivot table over both sets of data. You can then pivot over
    the "when" field and do a comparison.