Auto enter text if tick box checked

  1. #1
    gibbylinks
    Guest

    Auto enter text if tick box checked

    Is it possible to put text in a cell, if a check box is ticked somewhere else
    on the spreadsheet ? but leave it blank if nothing is ticked.

    Cheers

    Paul

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Auto enter text if tick box checked

    Check boxes are linked to another cell (you specified this when you set
    up the check box). So if "Checkbox1" is linked to cell A10, cell A10
    will show TRUE when Checkbox1 is ticked and FALSE when it is unchecked.
    In any other cell you could then write an IF statement along the lines
    of
    =IF(A10=TRUE,"Your text here","")

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Auto enter text if tick box checked

    If you use a tick in a cell, it is easy. Assume that the cell is A1, to get
    a tick, form at as Marlett, and enter a. Then in another cell
    =IF(A1="a","some text","")

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    gibbylinks
    Guest

    Re: Auto enter text if tick box checked

    Thanks

    Got it working.

    Paul

  5. #5
    gibbylinks
    Guest

    Re: Auto enter text if tick box checked

    Help Panic...... All went well until we tried to protect the cells. Then it
    doesn't work, is there a way around this ??

    Using Exel 2000

  6. #6
    gibbylinks
    Guest

    Re: Auto enter text if tick box checked

    Sorted it, we had locked the cell that held the TRUE/FALSE value. Unlocking
    that and hiding it has solved it.