Filtering out Data

  1. #1
    Jo Davis
    Guest

    Filtering out Data

    Hi

    i have a spreadsheet, were i want the user to input all data onto the first
    worksheet.
    I then want to be able to transfer, certain rows based on set criteria to
    other worksheets.
    Is this possible using any excel functions, or does it require me to use
    macros and or programming

    Cheers
    Jo

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Filtering out Data

    Hi Jo,

    Use rhe Advanced Filter feature on the Data menu.

    Debra Dalgleish has an excellent tutorial on Advanced Filter at:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    Note particularly, Debra's instructions for 'Extractng data to another
    worksheet'

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman