Selecting lots of charts

  1. #1
    New York

    Selecting lots of charts

    How can I delete a lot of charts? Is there any way to select all charts and then deselect the few I don't want to delete?

    Or is the only option to delete not only the contents but the entire cells (rows, columns,...) that the charts are based in?

    Peter

  2. #2
    ScottO
    Guest

    Re: Selecting lots of charts

    Assuming that these charts are objects in a worksheet, you could use Select
    Special (press F5 and hit the Special button on the lower left), then choose
    objects.
    This will select all the objects on the sheet charts, shapes, text boxes,
    etc..
    You can then deselect the ones you want to keep and delete the rest.
    Rgds,
    ScottO

    "pwermuth" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Selecting lots of charts

    To select all the objects on the sheet --
    Choose Edit>Go To, click Special
    Select Objects, click OK

    Or, to work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple
    Objects' tool to one of your toolbars:

    Choose Tools>Customize
    Select the Commands tab
    Select the Drawing Category
    Drag the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool onto one of your toolbars
    Click Close

    Then, click the Select Multiple Objects button, and select any or all
    objects on the worksheet.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Selecting lots of charts

    Note that deleting the rows or columns without deleting the chart
    objects themselves will leave you with hairline width or height charts,
    which are hard to detect afterwards, though they can cause plenty of grief.

    You could go to the Immediate Window of the VB Editor, type in the
    following line, and press Enter to select all the chart objects:

    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Select

    or if you didn't want to unselect a few first, this line deletes them all:

    ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Delete

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  5. #5
    New York

    Thank you

    Thank you. This worked perfectly. Never knew about GoTo Special