Find and Replace Technique to modify stock symbols.

  1. #1
    Norm75
    Guest

    Find and Replace Technique to modify stock symbols.

    I have a number of stock market symbols that I need to modify. For example, I
    must change: AAA.UN to AAA-UN. For some I need to modify AAA.UN to AAA-UN.TO
    .. In short, I simply want to change a period to a dash and for some add
    period TO . Is there a way of developing a macro to do this or use the "Find
    and Replace"? I don't want to retype all the symbols - chance of errors and
    would take a very long time.

    Any help here would be much appreciated.
    Thanks. Norm.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Find and Replace Technique to modify stock symbols.

    You could easily use Find and replace Ctrl-H to replace period by dash, and
    probably to add -UNTO, if there is some set rule to direct you. That would
    also be needed if you were to use VBA.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norm75
    Guest

    Re: Find and Replace Technique to modify stock symbols.

    Thanks, Bob very much. It all worked - as you will gather, I am a bit of a
    newby. However, if I want to simply add on .TO to say, AAA , BBB, RY, etc. I
    am having trouble. I don't have a common - or . Is there a way of adding
    only?

    Many thanks. Norm.