Deleting and only viewing selected rows

  1. #1
    acjc7602
    Guest

    Deleting and only viewing selected rows

    Sometimes when I am working in excel I unintentionally create extra rows that
    have nothing in them on the sides and at the bottom of my worksheet. I think
    I do this by scrolling over further than I need or scrolling down further
    than I want the screen to go. But then I cannot go and delete those extra
    rows at all. They are just out there without anything in them. Is there a way
    I can either delete those or only allow someone who uses my worksheet to see
    the rows and columns I want them to see when they open it up?

  2. #2
    Damon Longworth
    Guest

    Re: Deleting and only viewing selected rows

    Normally a save will reset the used range. If you had data in one of these
    cells, you can delete all of the columns to the right of your data and
    delete all rows below your data.

    This will reset the used range:

    x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Address

    To restrict where the user can scroll, have a look at ScrollArea Property in
    help.

    --
    Damon Longworth

    Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
    Sept 16th and 17th
    Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
    www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    acjc7602
    Guest

    Re: Deleting and only viewing selected rows

    thank you so much!

  4. #4
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Deleting and only viewing selected rows

    Hi ACJC4602,

    If you mean that hitting Ctrl End takes you to a location outside your
    anticipated data area, see Debra Dalgleish notes on resetting the UsedRamge
    at:

    To restrict user access to a desinated contiguous range try:

    Sub Tester()

    ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "A1:G20" '<<===Change to suit

    End Sub

    If you are not not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David
    McRitchie's site and look at his 'Getting Started With Macros And User
    Defined Functions' page:

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman