Counting Cells which are shaded a certain colour

  1. #1

    Counting Cells which are shaded a certain colour

    Hello,
    I have a spreadsheet set up as a year calender for booking annual leave
    at work. Each staff member shades cells their own colour to book annual
    leave.

    I'd like to set up a function which counts the total number of cells
    shaded a certain colour - so when someone adds leave, their own
    personal running total is displayed.

    Hence I need a formula which counts the total number of cells in the
    worksheet which are a certain colour (using the standard palette).

    I'd be very grateful if anyone could let me know if there's a simple
    way to do this?

    TIA for any help

    Paul

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Counting Cells which are shaded a certain colour

    Paul, have a look here,

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Counting Cells which are shaded a certain colour

    Thanks very much - exactly the sort of stuff I was looking for.

    Paul

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Counting Cells which are shaded a certain colour

    Your Welcome