How can I calculate trend growth rates in Excel?

  1. #1
    david34
    Guest

    How can I calculate trend growth rates in Excel?

    I need help calculating the trend growth rate of GDP of a country over a 20
    year period.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: How can I calculate trend growth rates in Excel?

    Can you provide the equations needed to do this calculation?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    david34
    Guest

    Re: How can I calculate trend growth rates in Excel?

    I'm not sure which equations you are referring to. I have GDP numbers in
    millions of dollars for a 20 year period and I'm trying to calculate the
    trend growth rate for this series from the first year through the last.

    Do you know how I can do this?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: How can I calculate trend growth rates in Excel?

    david34 -

    Two issues:

    (1) General: You need to define what you mean by "trend growth rate." If you
    don't know the meaning of "trend growth rate," ask the person who asked you
    to do this analysis. The explanation may involve the pattern of the data and
    the particular functional form that best fits the data.

    (2) Excel: After you answer the General question, there will be many Excel
    gurus who can explain how to do the number crunching in Excel.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

  5. #5
    david34