Linking an object in power point to a excel worksheet

  1. #1
    jth
    Guest

    Linking an object in power point to a excel worksheet

    I have created a power point slide with 100 Objects(representing 100 banquet
    tables). This is a fundrasier. We first recurit tables captians who then
    sell 10 tickets to thier table. Each tables has a limit of 10 guest. When
    the tables sells to a team captain I would like the object to change colors
    for red to green....when the team captain sells all 10 seast I would like the
    object to change from green to blue. Indicating a sold out table.
    I have the excel spread sheet completed using....data...filter...autofilter
    to track the the 1000 names and personal data.

    thanks
    Th

  2. #2
    Gary Rowe
    Guest

    RE: Linking an object in power point to a excel worksheet

    You might try using conditional formating. Type your table numbers in a way
    that represents the lay out. For each table put a number that represents a
    team captain, say 1, and then another number that represents the sold out
    table, say 10. Then using conditional formating set the color for that cell
    based on whether the value is 0 (red), 1 (green), or 10(blue). Format the
    background with a white background and surround the cells with a dark border
    so the cells standout. Copy and paste this into powerpoint and link it to
    the spreadsheet. When you update the figures in the spreadsheet the colors
    will change on the drawing in powerpoint.
    Gary

  3. #3
    jth
    Guest

    RE: Linking an object in power point to a excel worksheet

    Thank you very much. I'll give this try. And let you know. Again a BIG
    THANKS!

  4. #4
    jth
    Guest

    RE: Linking an object in power point to a excel worksheet

    Gary, I can't seem to get this to work. Please help. I have designated 100
    rows, representating 100 Tables. When the table(row) sell, I place say a 1
    in the cell of that row, when the table sells out, i place a 2 in the cell of
    that row. Now do i copy all 100 cells that represent the 100 tables into a
    blank power presentation?
    Thanks