How do I sum YTD totals based on monthly totals

  1. #1
    Bsgrad02
    Guest

    How do I sum YTD totals based on monthly totals

    I have a financial worksheet with expenses by month and a monthly total for
    each month. At the end of each subsequent month there is a cumulative total
    of the monthly totals (YTD), I cannot figure out how to get an automatic
    formula to populate the correct cells to mimick the previous formulas with
    the current cell data to get the correct totals.
    --
    Donna
    EMU Alumni

  2. #2
    Gordon
    Guest

    Re: How do I sum YTD totals based on monthly totals

    "Bsgrad02" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a financial worksheet with expenses by month and a monthly total

    for
    > each month. At the end of each subsequent month there is a cumulative

    total
    > of the monthly totals (YTD), I cannot figure out how to get an automatic
    > formula to populate the correct cells to mimick the previous formulas with
    > the current cell data to get the correct totals.
    > --
    > Donna
    > EMU Alumni

    For the first monty, YTD = current month
    For the second and subsequent months, YTD = Current Month + YTD last month.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Bsgrad02
    Guest

    Re: How do I sum YTD totals based on monthly totals

    Gordon,

    I am new to discussion groups. I don't understand how to get to the news:...
    info you posted, to find my answer. help?
    --
    Donna
    EMU Alumni

  4. #4
    Gordon

    > info you posted, to find my answer. help?
    > --

    You've seen the answer in my post! Ignore the line that
    says:news:[email protected] or similar,
    it's just a message ID....