Who buys the apples

  1. #1
    Benj
    Guest

    Who buys the apples

    Hi all again!

    here is the deal, I have one column to enter say WHO BUYS so say A2
    contains Mike, next column WHAT DOES HE BUY say B2 contains apples, A3=
    Orange, B3 = John.
    At the end I want to know who bought the apples and who the orange say I
    take E2 contains apples then I want F2 to tell me Mike and so on.

    Thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge,
    All the best

    Thanx for you David O & David McRitchie for answering my previous questions.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Who buys the apples

    Hi!

    Assume the "Who" range is A2:A50 and the "What" range is B2:B50.

    E2 = apples

    Formula in F2:

    =INDEX(A2:A50,MATCH(E2,B2:B50,0))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    paul
    Guest

    Re: Who buys the apples

    another way,=vlookup(e2,A2:B50,2,false).In cell e2 you can type or return
    from a list the item you are looking for and the lookup wil tell you who
    bought em
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!