Expanding and collapsing rows

  1. #1
    Eduardo
    Guest

    Expanding and collapsing rows

    Hello,

    I have a spreadsheet categorized by date and I would like to know if there
    is a way to expand and collapse the rows (i.e to give the user a manual way
    to see, or not see the details in the rows).
    The functionality I am looking for is similar to Outline Views in Ms Word.

    Your help, as always, is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Ed

  2. #2
    Gary Rowe
    Guest

    RE: Expanding and collapsing rows

    Select the rows you want to collapse and Select Data, Group and an outline
    will be created.
    Gary

  3. #3
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Expanding and collapsing rows

    Hi Ed,

    You could explore the menu Data>Group & Outline>Group, etc.

    Regards,
    KL

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Expanding and collapsing rows

    Take a look at Data|Subtotals, too.

    It'll add the outlining symbols, too--plus give you subtotals.