Adobe Acrobat

  1. #1
    DKS1
    Guest

    Adobe Acrobat

    Is there a way to import information from a pdf file into an Excel
    spreadsheet? I know I can do it from word, but the information should be
    seen in columns and rows and possible edited.

    Thank You

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: Adobe Acrobat

    Helo-

    You can Insert it as a picture/object, but Excel cannot read the data
    content of the file into cells for editing... At least not on its own. One of
    the reasons for a .pdf is to prevent others from changing the content.

    Regards |:>)

  3. #3
    DKS1
    Guest

    RE: Adobe Acrobat

    Thanks Taz,

    Unfortunately, the pdf is from an old excel worksheet where we don't have
    access to the original. We have to make changes to the information. The gif
    or jpg is good, but not good for what we need to do. Once again, Thanks

  4. #4
    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)
    Guest

    Re: Adobe Acrobat

    Depending on how desperate you are...

    I regularly use OCR software to convert JPGs scanned from paper to text that can
    be imported into Excel. There are various products out there that work pretty
    well -- much better than what comes free with your scanner.

    FWIW, I happen to use Abbyy FineReader because I liked the way it deals with
    tables of data -- and I bought a down level version of it on eBay for about $30
    as I recall. It's served me well enough I never upgraded to the current
    version. Last I looked they allow you to download their product and use it free
    for a week or something while you figure out if it does what you want.

    It's not an ideal solution, but it works pretty well and you can feed it a JPG
    or even a PDF file directly. Using an image from a PDF would be a lot better
    than me using a scanner since you'll start off with a much cleaner image to
    begin with.

    Good luck...

    Bill
    --------------------

  5. #5
    Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)
    Guest

    Re: Adobe Acrobat

    Depending on how desperate you are...

    I regularly use OCR software to convert JPGs scanned from paper to text that I
    directly export into Excel in the expected spreadsheet format. There are

  6. #6
    leaftye - ExcelForums.com
    Guest

    Re: Adobe Acrobat

    If the spacing is equal between the columns, you may be able to paste
    it into a text file, and then import the text file into Excel using
    the spaces as the delimiter to divide the columns.