Cut and Paste Question for an Excel Guru

  1. #1
    K B via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Cut and Paste Question for an Excel Guru

    Here is a question for a true Excel master.

    I am having problems cutting and pasting Excel graphs/cells as pictures into
    word or ppt. The problem is that Excel seems to cut off part of the image.

    I am currently working in 2000 and I know I have NOT a problem cutting and
    pasting very large cell groups/graphs in previous versions. I have just
    spent the last 2 hours with my corporate help desk and they are stumped. Is
    this a glitch in the software or is there a setting I can change? Help!

    --
    KB

  2. #2
    Damon Longworth
    Guest

    Re: Cut and Paste Question for an Excel Guru

    Try copying the data as a picture. Hold the shift key down, then when you
    access the Edit menu Copy Picture will be available.

    Have a look here for some hints with PPT

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html

    --
    Damon Longworth

    Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
    Sept 16th and 17th
    Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
    www.ExcelUserConference.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    K B via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Cut and Paste Question for an Excel Guru

    Thank you Damon,

    I have tried copying the data as a picture. The site you referenced below
    explains that copied images larger than the printable area will be truncated
    (this is what is happening) however, I know in previous versions of Excel
    this was not happening (I was copying large amounts of data and pasting it in
    Adobe Illustrator for presentation purposes). This is still a bit of a
    mystery. It sounds like this is an issue with 97 and newer versions. Let me
    know if you have any further thoughts. Thanks again for you help!

    -KB