File Locked for editing--not

  1. #1
    mike montagne
    Guest

    File Locked for editing--not

    A user has a file that shows a dialog claiming that the file is "locked
    for editing" and you can open read-only or elect to get notified when it
    is closed. But the person who supposedly has it open is himself! We
    logged off and on and still the problem persists. How does Excel lock
    files? How can it be overidden?

    -mjm

  2. #2

    Re: File Locked for editing--not

    Maybe this from Debra Dalgleish's site will help:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly