Missing features for PivotChart

  1. #1
    Urs
    Guest

    Missing features for PivotChart

    Hi threre,

    In Excel 2003 I made a Pivot Chart from my SQL2k cube. This works fine but I'm looking for some features my customer asked for:
    (1) clicking on the chart -> drill through (underlaying data shown in a table)
    (2) filtered dimensions -> only those members in a dimension are shown for which some data exists
    (3) the selected members of the paging dimension shoud be shown on a printout -> just showing "(Multiple Items)" is not enough

    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Urs

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Missing features for PivotChart

    Urs,

    I'll speak of Excel 2002 (I haven't installed excel 2003 yet).

    > (1) clicking on the chart -> drill through (underlaying data shown in a

    table)
    You can drill through the data with the pivot table that underlies the
    chart, if that will be satisfactory. It builds a sheet listing the items of
    the group you've selected. Just double-click the group you're interested
    in. I've not made a pivot chart from a cube, but I presume it still creates
    a pivot table, as well as the chart on which it's based.

    > (2) filtered dimensions -> only those members in a dimension are shown for
    > which some data exists

    The underlying pivot table creates a group only when at least one item of
    that group exists in a given field.

    > (3) the selected members of the page dimension shoud be shown on a
    > printout -> just showing "(Multiple Items)" is not enough

    The purpose of the page field is to show only one group at a time. Maybe
    you'll need to make a higher order grouping, instead of a page grouping, in
    either the row or column field area.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com