"cannot be accessed" error message

  1. #1
    Foz
    Guest

    "cannot be accessed" error message

    Excel attachments I send using Outlook cant be opened by others.
    When people try to open attachment they get;
    "cannot be accessed" error message
    or
    "This file is not in a recognizable format"

  2. #2

    Re: "cannot be accessed" error message

    Do they own the same version of excel as you do (or even newer versions)?

    If they own xl95 and you own xl97-xl2003, then xl95 won't open the file unless
    you save that file in xl95 format (or xl95/xl97-xl2003 combination format).

    xl97 through xl2003 should be able to share files without any problem.

  3. #3
    Foz
    Guest

    Re: "cannot be accessed" error message

    All running Office 2003 - but thanks.

  4. #4

    Re: "cannot be accessed" error message

    Are you sending the messages in Rich Text Format (RTF)?

    If yes, try sending in plain text or HTML.