Works 4.0(wks) needs to be converted to Excel 2003

  1. #1
    BJB
    Guest

    Works 4.0(wks) needs to be converted to Excel 2003

    I saw some posts on here about similarites and one even linked to a converter
    that works but adds garbage to the file unles you buy the full version.

    Basicaly I just migrated a NT 4 workstation with Works 4.0 on it to a new XP
    machine with Office 2003. We found a converter for the Works documents but
    have had no real luck with the wks or Works spreadsheet files.

    The rlsoftware converter adds advertising of sorts inside of cells and can't
    be easily replaced.

    Is there anything out there that works?

  2. #2

    Re: Works 4.0(wks) needs to be converted to Excel 2003

    Find someone with works and ask them to save your files in a format that excel
    can open?

  3. #3
    BJB
    Guest

    Re: Works 4.0(wks) needs to be converted to Excel 2003

    That's really not the solution I am looking for. The problem is that I am
    working with people who haven't been on an actual network before so files are
    stored in random locations. And thus they don't know what files they really
    have until they need them. So I was hoping to come up with a solution so I
    wouldn't have to charge them for my time converting them. But it may come to
    this. Luckily I still have the old computer with all the files.