How to add and delete items from a list box or drop down box?

  1. #1
    Fifee
    Guest

  2. #2
    Matt Lunn
    Guest

    RE: How to add and delete items from a list box or drop down box?

    Hi,

    Is the listbox/dropdownbox on a worksheet or a user form?

    Matt

  3. #3
    kamill
    Guest

    RE: How to add and delete items from a list box or drop down box?

    The box is in a worksheet. If I could find where the list is stored I could
    add to it but I can't find it.

    Also I thought about making a new box but when I try to copy the information
    in the column it won't let me do that either.

  4. #4
    BizMark

    kamill Wrote:
    > The box is in a worksheet. If I could find where the list is stored I
    > could
    > add to it but I can't find it.
    >
    > Also I thought about making a new box but when I try to copy the
    > information
    > in the column it won't let me do that either.
    >
    > "Fifee" wrote:
    > -
    > How to add and delete items from a list box or drop down box?-

    Depends on whether the dropdown came from the 'Forms' toolbar or the
    'Control Toolbox'.

    Also on whether you're wanting to control the information shown in the
    dropdowns in code or from a worksheet selection.

    1. IN CODE:

    If from 'Forms', you would use the code
    Worksheets("Sheetname").Dropdowns("Dropdownname").RemoveItem(number of
    item to delete)

    If from 'Control Toolbox', you would use the code
    Sheetname.Dropdownname.RemoveItem(number of item to delete-1)
    - i.e. the top item is Item No. 0 (zero).

    2. AS WORKSHEET SELECTIONS:

    If from 'Forms',
    - right-click on the dropdown box and select 'Format Control'
    - check the address/range entered as the 'Input Range' and modify as
    necessary to include the additional rows or remove the redundant rows

    If from 'Control Toolbox',
    - right-click on the dropdown box and select 'Properties'
    - a VBA-style property window appears, floating on the worksheet.
    - check the address/range entered as the 'ListFillRange' property and
    modify as necessary.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,
    BizMark