ability to put checkboxes into a cell (not just onto)

  1. #1
    jayjay17
    Guest

    ability to put checkboxes into a cell (not just onto)

    It seems that checkboxes can only sit on top of a cell. It would be nice to
    have a real cell-checkbox association. I haven't tried any programming, but
    maybe that'd make event programming easier. What frustrates me most is that
    when I delete cells onto which I've put checkboxes, the checkboxes don't get
    deleted and I can't find a way to delete them manually. The only way to do
    that is to first remove each cell, and then delete the group of cells.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Matt Lunn
    Guest

    RE: ability to put checkboxes into a cell (not just onto)

    Hi

    If you enter Design Mode via the Visual Basic Toolbar you can delete
    checkboxes. Is this what you were needing to know?

    Thanks,
    Matt

  3. #3
    jayjay17
    Guest

    RE: ability to put checkboxes into a cell (not just onto)

    Hi,
    Thanks for your answer, Matt.
    My environment is not fully set, I don't know if I can test that. I'm just
    an occasional excel user and I've actually never done that kind of
    programming (VBA). I thought (hoped) maybe the cells could be used the way
    forms (in the GUI sense) are, but I guess that'd be pushing Excel a bit too
    far; in that sense, Excel would be a kind of VB (then you could access
    checkbox1 as cell1A.checkbox1, and do things such as
    cell1A.checkbox1.isChecked for example), a spreadsheet would be a big
    collection of forms, seems unmanageable to me.
    What do you think?
    Jerome

  4. #4
    Matt Lunn
    Guest

    RE: ability to put checkboxes into a cell (not just onto)

    Don't know how possible that would be but it would certainly be useful for
    the issue you have raised. You can link the values of some of the controls
    with cells, for example a Listbox can be associated with a range of cells to
    display it's options and another cell to hold the value of a choice. In the
    main, the association of a control is with the worksheet.

    Cheers,
    Matt