I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

  1. #1
    Timmy
    Guest

    I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    If the value of column B is greater by 2 than the value of column A, Record
    as 1 in column C.

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    enter in C2
    =IF(B2-A2>2,1,"")
    and copy down

    --
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill K
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Timmy
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    Thanks for your help Bill, Im in NZ too!!!
    Unfortunatly your formula did not work. It doesnt show up as invalid but
    just turns up a blank(not a zero even) in the C column.....Help!!!

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    Try
    =IF(B2-A2>=2,1,"")

    to pick up when the difference is actually 2

    --
    Regards
    Roger Govier

  5. #5
    Timmy
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    Great!!!!thats it!! Now Can I enter more than one function like this in the
    same formula to keep building my total ....something like:

    =IF(B2-A2>=2,1,"") + (B3-A3>=2,1,"") + ........and so on, so my result of 1
    would keep tallying 1+1+1+1 = 4

  6. #6
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    Timmy

    From your first reply
    it looked like you want a 0 result if not >=2.
    This can be done with =IF(B2-A2>=2,1,0)
    With copy down I indicated that you can extend the formula down the column.
    Use the right hand bottom corner of C2 cell
    The mouse pointer changes to a black "+" sign
    hold and drag down
    You can then add the results in that column.

    Regards

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    If I've read you correctly, this might work (in a single cell):

    Put in say, C1: =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B100-A2:A100>=2))

    Adapt the range to suit ..

    And for a cleaner look when cols A and B are cleared, you could switch off
    extraneous zeros display in the sheet via:
    Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > ok
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  8. #8
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    Of course!!!

    Thanks Max
    Bill K

    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    Max
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    You're welcome, Bill !
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
    xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
    ----
    news:[email protected]...

  10. #10
    Timmy
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    Sorry for the slow response guys....Thanks alot for you help!!! That was it
    (Max's formula).Now all I got to do is win!!!

  11. #11
    Max
    Guest

    Re: I need a formula for a Golf Scorecard

    You're welcome, Timmy !
    Thanks for posting back ..
    Good luck with your winnings <g> !
    --