I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Kathy
    Guest

    I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.

    How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have
    Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.

    You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only
    allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that
    allows you to import excel files.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.

    With some links:

    the Excel viewer:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-75edbd03aaf0
    (one line in your browser)

    OpenOffice:
    http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

  4. #4
    shama
    Guest

    Re: I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachmen

    Hi Dave,

    I was wondering what to do now, I have downloaded the excel viewer2003 and I
    cant open the file that I need to see, I get an error message that says: The
    specified program requires a newer version of windows. I have the XP 2002
    version that I just purchased in January 05 it also has the Service Pack 2.
    If you can help me I surely would appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

  5. #5

    Re: I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachmen

    Ken Wright posted this link to an older version:

    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...5257&fileidx=1

  6. #6
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.

    Here's a link to the new 2003 XL viewer.

    http://tinyurl.com/5mttk
    --

    HTH,

    RD

  7. #7
    Sue

  8. #8
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.

    download Excel viewer here:

    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel