how do i save custom data in excel

  1. #1

    how do i save custom data in excel

    Hi All,

    I am creating an add-in for Word and Excel. Now i my query is want
    to save some data (approx 100KB) in Excel as hidden.
    I implemented in Word using Variables, and it's working fine, even
    user can't able to get it externaly.
    I want to implement same thing for Excel.
    Any idea.

    Thanks
    Rushi

  2. #2

    Re: how do i save custom data in excel

    If you're creating an addin in excel, you could just put your data on a
    worksheet.

    Excel's addins are hidden when you open then.
    (Make sure you save the file as an addin, *.xla.)

  3. #3

    Re: how do i save custom data in excel

    Very thanx Dave for giving some interest.

    You are sugesting me to create xla file.
    But i don't want to do that, i don't want to create a single file on
    user computer.
    Is there any way to store it in along with Excel file only. Like Word
    supports for Variable.

  4. #4

    Re: how do i save custom data in excel

    But you said you were creating an addin for excel. You could put that data in
    that addin.

    Maybe I misunderstand the question.