auto count for cells

  1. #1
    Christa
    Guest

    auto count for cells

    Is there any way to count the characters in a cell?
    I have to only have 12 in one and 30 in another.
    HELP!!
    christa

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: auto count for cells

    The formula is
    =LEN(A1)
    Substitute your actual cell reference for A1. This returns the number
    of characters in a string.

  3. #3
    Christa
    Guest

    Re: auto count for cells

    YES!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. You just saved me literally hours of work.

  4. #4
    Jim
    Guest

    Re: auto count for cells

    Thanks from me to! So simple and yet saves so much time!
    Cheers
    Jim