filtered sorted packing list report from data table

  1. #1
    Lori H
    Guest

    filtered sorted packing list report from data table

    I have a data table with columns incl. item #, descr., storage, qty ordered.
    How can I allow a user to print a packing list (i.e. report) organized by
    storage temp, listing ordered items first (by type/description) then
    unordered items (same sort order)?
    EX:
    items at -70 degrees:
    box item 1 - item# - qty
    box item 2 - item# - qty

    vial item 1 - item# - qty

    items at room temp:
    paper item 1 - item# - qty

    packet item 1 - item# - qty
    packet item 1 - item# - qty

  2. #2

    Re: filtered sorted packing list report from data table

    If you put that "header" information on each row, then you could use
    Data|Filter|autofilter to show just the groups you want.

    You might be able to use a formula to populate this--depending on the layout of
    the data.

    Or if each item is dedicated to a single storage temp, you could create a table
    on another sheet and retrieve the storage temp from that (and still put it on
    each row).