How copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file?

  1. #1

    How copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file?

    Hi!

    I would like to copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file. Is there any easy way to do that instead of copying one at a time. Is it also possible the sheet name is automatically copied?

    Please advise,

    Aijun.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file?

    Select first sheet then hold CRTL key while selecting other sheets one at a
    time or hold SHIFT key and select last sheet.

    With the sheets now grouped, right-click on sheet tab and "Move or Copy"

    Click "create a copy" and "to book". Select "new book" if you don't already
    have one open.

    Click on OK and the selected sheets, including names, are copied to new book.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3

    Re: How copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file?

    hey keep your DATA in a DATABASE and report on it from 100 different
    places

    copying your data around is a waste of time

  4. #4

    Thanks Gord, it works now.

    Thanks, Gord,

    I follow your steps and it works. Thank you very much for your help.

    Aijun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gord Dibben