E2003 naming ranges correctly

  1. #1
    Estrelle71
    Guest

    E2003 naming ranges correctly

    Hi!

    Even though I named the ranges in my excel workbook, I cannot properly
    import excel contacts into Outlook. Not even when the excel data was
    originally exported from Outlook! In the import dialog box, the actions to be
    performed field 'doesn't show only 1 excel file to import, but al the column
    headers
    of the file as seperate items. I can only map custom fields per item. The
    result of such import is very strange.

    I found out converting the excel file first in an access db and than
    importing that access file in Outlook contacts, is an easy work around. But I
    get really sick of not knowing what went wrong importing the excel file. Or
    didn't I correctly named the ranges in Excel? I followed up all instructions
    here posted about naming ranges...

    Can anyone clear up my mysterie?

    Regards, Esther

  2. #2
    Estrelle71
    Guest

    RE: E2003 naming ranges correctly

    Question already answered by Sue in Outlook.GeneralQuestions!
    Incorrect naming caused the problem.
    Name range by Insert - Name - Define, iso Insert - Name - Create