Step-by-step fit to page

  1. #1
    AAAA
    Guest

    Step-by-step fit to page

    Hi I'm an english-only speaker unfortunately forced to use a russian version
    of excel right now.

    The problem is that I have a lovely spreadsheet all ready to go, but it is
    not very tall (i.e. low in rows) and quite wide (i.e. high in columns).
    Solution: print it on two pages and then fix them together. so far so good.

    However, having arranged the sheet over two pages in print preview mode, its
    only printing out on the top left corner of each of the two printed pages.
    destroys the effect of having on two pages.

    Help! how can I tell excel to fit each half of the sheet to its respective
    page?

    I need step-by-step, idiot-proof instructions (e.g. third menu from the
    left, second option down etc.)

    Thanks. A.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Step-by-step fit to page

    Making two pages print on one page is a printer function not an Excel function
    to do it in Excel
    I feel your best bet is to set up a print only sheet
    if for example your main sheet has 16 columns and 4 rows

    on the print sheet
    in A1 enter
    =main!A1
    and copy to H4

    in A6 enter
    =main!I1
    and copy to P9

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Step-by-step fit to page

    A,

    What you're describing sounds like two printouts (you've put 2 in the
    "Copies" box), and you're not using the "Next" button in print preview to
    see the next page. Have you actually printed it, or just looked in Preview?
    Note that "Page" refers to a printed page, and "sheet" refers to the entire
    sheet. I have no idea what that is in Russian. Also, check that the Print
    Area is cleared -- that could prevent part of the sheet from printing.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Can you use Page setup -> Page -> Fit to 2 pages wide by 1 page tall?

    You can go to Page Break Preview to adjust them as you like after.

    Quote Originally Posted by AAAA