Search and replace character with <alt+enter> in excell cell

  1. #1
    JRR
    Guest

    Search and replace character with <alt+enter> in excell cell

    I am converting data from another application into Excel. There are certain
    characters (representing ASCII 253) that need to be replaced with the value
    of <alt+enter> which is the internal newline + carriage return for data
    within a single cell of a sheet. I cannot get the replace function to take
    the new value. Who has any suggestions about this?

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Search and replace character with <alt+enter> in excell cell

    In the "Replace With" box, enter:
    <Alt> 010
    Using the numbers from the Num keypad, *not* the numbers under the function
    keys.

    Of course, you *will not* see anything in the box after you enter the code,
    BUT, don't forget, line feeds aren't visible!
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...