Creating a chart from two tables of Times

  1. #1
    Stevie_J
    Guest

    Creating a chart from two tables of Times

    I have created a spreadsheet that includes a worksheet of the
    availablility of my staff including their start and finish times, and
    another worksheet that has the times that they take lunch on. Is there
    any way of creating a bar chart from this info that shows how many
    people I have in the office throughout the day no a given date? I have
    the spreadsheet available if anyone wants to look at it, as you can
    tell I'm not really a whizz at Excel! Any help would be greatly
    appriciated.
    Steve

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Creating a chart from two tables of Times

    Stevie,

    You can use cells in any sheet(s) in your charts. Make your chart, and in
    step 2 of the wizard, switch to the "Series" tab. If you've already made
    the chart, right-click it, Source data, Series tab, and you're there again.
    Select the series you wish to specify, then use the the Category (X) axis
    labels (same for all series), Values (y data), and series name (for the
    legend). Click in any of those boxes, then switch to the sheet and select
    the cells.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com