Excel and Word

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor bengaluru's Avatar
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Excel and Word

    Good Morning Guys,

    I have a spreadsheet with formulaes the results of which appear in the form of a letter. I have been using Excel to create the letter as the numbers in the spreadsheet easily gets pasted in the letter (using Paste Link).

    My problem is that since it not possible to justify the margins in Excel, the letter does not look professional. I was wondering whether a professional letter can be created in MS Word and is there a way the numbers appear automatically in the letter as and when I change in the spreadsheet.

    I am not sure whether I have made myself clear as to what i want.

    Any help please

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Excel and Word

    Perhaps this would work for you:
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=381
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    "bengaluru" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    d. rahim
    Guest

    Re: Excel and Word

    You can also use Paste Special. Select the number in Excel, Edit, Copy.
    Go to Word, Edit, Paste Special. That will let you change the numbers in
    Excel & they will reflect in Word immediately.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor bengaluru's Avatar
    India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003
    Thanks guys. I am not too pleased with the results. The article seemed too complicated (the Push method) and the second solution (paste special), the lines of word do not allign with the numbers from Excel. It does not look good.

    Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by bengaluru; 07-25-2005 at 03:36 PM.

  5. #5
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Excel and Word