Also minimize Excel by clicking taskbar icon without files open.

  1. #1
    ExcelDog
    Guest

    Also minimize Excel by clicking taskbar icon without files open.

    You can minimize Excel and other apps by clicking their icon in the task bar,
    except Excel won't minimize if you don't have any spreadsheets open.
    Frustrating to get accustomed to a feature that sometimes doesn't perform.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2

    Re: Also minimize Excel by clicking taskbar icon without files open.

    It did for me using winXP home and xl2003.

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Also minimize Excel by clicking taskbar icon without files open.

    I was able to get it to repro in Excel 2003 following these steps:

    -Have 2 workbooks open
    -Switch on "Windows in Taskbar" under Tools, Options, view
    -Switch between the workbooks a couple times using the workbook buttons in
    the Taskbar.
    -Close the workbooks.

    Looks like a bug, albeit a small one.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Also minimize Excel by clicking taskbar icon without files open.

    Ahhhh.

    Another reason to stay away from windows in taskbar <vbg>.