Pivot Table page fields

  1. #1
    Chad W.
    Guest

    Pivot Table page fields

    I have a problem that has been frustrating me for a while. I have
    built a number of workbooks that use Pivot Tables with an Analysis
    Server data source. When I drag a field from the page area to the row
    area in the Pivot Table, I occassionally get the wrong field. If I
    drag Location Type to the pivot table, location is added. If I drag
    financial class, insurance appears. The interesting (and infuriating)
    thing in this case is that Insurance was NOT in the page area. It is
    an available field in the data source, but had not been added to the
    workbook.

    Has anyone else had this occur and how did you resolve it? Can anyone
    explain how Excel associates a page field label with the OLAP data
    source?

  2. #2
    Mark B via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table page fields

    You might check your data labels in the header row- cross check that with the
    data the pivot table is referencing-- basically recreate the table... hope
    that helps?

    --
    Mark Brindamour
    [email protected]