Error Message When Opening Excel

  1. #1
    Walid
    Guest

    Error Message When Opening Excel

    Everytime i open Excel or an Excel document, i get the following error message:

    "SUMIF.XLA is already open. Reopening will cause any change you made to be
    discarded. Do you want to reopen SUMIF.XLA?"

    Whether i answer YES or NO, the application will open normally. It is just
    very annouying.. HELP

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Error Message When Opening Excel

    Walid

    You could try looking under Tools>Add ins... and then uncheck anything, then
    check back those that were checked one at a time, close and re-open excel,
    when the error comes back, that's the faulty add-in, either go to the vendor
    or unload the add-in if you don't need it

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Error Message When Opening Excel

    It could be a couple of things, but I'd look to see if you have sumif.xla in
    your XLStart folder and check to see if the Sumif wizard is checked under
    Tools|Addins.

    If you have it in both spots, I'd keep the tools|addins version and move the
    Sumif.xla from the XLStart folder.

    If that doesn't help...

    Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors at:

    And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes at:
    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.htm