Count cells for certian data

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    andespoint
    Guest

    Count cells for certian data

    Hi guy's i have a spreadsheet with a column that can contain an F or COL. I
    want to count how many of each I have and display the info in another cell.
    Would anyone know how to do this using a formula/function?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Count cells for certian data

    Say the column containing the data was Column A, then try these in a cell in
    any other column:

    =Countif(A:A,"F")
    =Countif(A:A,"COL")
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    andespoint
    Guest

    Re: Count cells for certian data

    Thanks for the great information and Help.

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:04:31 -0400, "andespoint" <andespoint@nospam_yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi guy's i have a spreadsheet with a column that can contain an F or COL. I
    >want to count how many of each I have and display the info in another cell.
    >Would anyone know how to do this using a formula/function?
    >
    >Thanks for any help.

    Look at HELP for the COUNTIF worksheet function.
    --ron