Image To Large

  1. #1
    Minitman
    Guest

    Image To Large

    Greetings,

    For some weird reason, my machine hiccup and I lost all mention to
    this letter except in the outbox. I still need help with this and if
    you have already replied thanks but I never had the opportunity to
    read any replies before that hiccup lost everything. Please repost,
    thanks.

    I am not sure if this is the right group for this question. If not,
    could someone direct me to the right group - Thanks.

    I was reformatting my sheets with a macro by copying one over another
    and had completed 36 sheets when the 37th froze, an error message
    appeared saying something about the image being too large then crashed
    the workbook. The workbook would not reopen!!!! I had been making
    backups as I was going along so that was not a problem.

    What I was doing was to try and slim the workbook down (it is 28megs
    and REAL slow loading.

    Condition) I had hidden the extra rows and columns so that only the
    working range (A1 thru X250) would be visible. I had 3 Conditional
    Formats on each of these cells. Since I have 132 of these worksheets
    with about 10 more for entry and printing. This is a pretty big file.

    Step one)get rid off any excess formatting. In order to get to the
    area in the hidden cells, I attempted to unhide the hidden rows and
    columns by highlighting the entire sheet and the first
    Format>Rows>Unhide then Format>Column>Unhide. When the columns
    became unhidden, I then highlighted all columns from Z to IV, and went
    to Edit>Clear>All. Finally, with the highlight still on the columns,I
    went to Edit>Delete. This delete took a LONG time before it finally
    finished. I then went down to row 250 and discovered that the column
    unhide did not happen!!!! -Possibly the reason for the long delay.

    I do not know what is wrong!

    Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

    Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

    TIA

    -Minitman

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Image To Large

    Minitman,

    Depending on your version of Excel, try File - Open, click the dropdown in
    the "Open" button, and do "Open and repair." Also, for good measure, try
    the things at www.smokeylake.com/excel "Excel acts goofy."
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com