Generating numbers in order with excel PLEASE HELP

  1. #1

    Question Generating numbers in order with excel PLEASE HELP

    I looked all over the place and can not find my answer
    Here my project I have to create number string ab1000000 threw ab1500000
    So in excel it was to look like this
    Ab1000000
    Ab1000001
    Ab1000002
    Ab1000003
    And so on all the way until ab1500000
    Can anyone help me

  2. #2
    MNTrevor
    Guest

    RE: Generating numbers in order with excel PLEASE HELP

    Its actually quite simple. Enter the first two numbers into the columns they
    go in...highlight both cells together...click and hold the little square in
    the bottom corner of what you highlighted and drag it down until you reach
    Ab1500000. By doing both cells you train the program to follow what you want
    the format to look like.

  3. #3
    Henry
    Guest

    Re: Generating numbers in order with excel PLEASE HELP

    Sorry, MN, but that won't work past Ab1065335 as there only 65536 rows in an
    excel spreadsheet.

    color1928, let us know where you want to put the strings and we'll try to
    help.

    Henry

    news:[email protected]...