Format:Date conversion

  1. #1
    Kristiaaan
    Guest

    Format:Date conversion

    I have a database with date in the following format:
    "200209021600" so 2 september 2002 16:00 hr

    I cannot figure out how to convert this text to the actual date and time

    Who can help me?

    Thanks in advance

    Kristiaan

  2. #2
    KL
    Guest

    re: Format:Date conversion

    Hi Kristiaaan,

    This formula works for me:

    =--(TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00 00\:00"))

    Don't forget to format the cell as date.

    Regards,
    KL

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mangus Pyke
    Guest

    re: Format:Date conversion

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 02:14:45 +0200, "KL" wrote:
    >This formula works for me:
    >
    >=--(TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00 00\:00"))
    >
    >Don't forget to format the cell as date.

    KL- What are the two hyphens for at the beginning of this formula?

    MP-
    --
    "Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
    B.F. Skinner

  4. #4
    KL
    Guest

    re: Format:Date conversion

    They are coercing text into value as if I were using the function VALUE.

    Regards,
    KL

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Mangus Pyke
    Guest

    re: Format:Date conversion

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 03:10:45 +0200, "KL" wrote:
    >They are coercing text into value as if I were using the function VALUE.

    KL:

    Thanks for the response.. while I don't truly understand, that gives
    me a starting point. My Excel 2003 Bible and I will go spend a few
    moments of quality time with the VALUE function.

    Thanks much!

    MP-

  6. #6
    Kristiaaan
    Guest

    re: Format:Date conversion

    Hi KL,

    Wow, I couldn't make that up myself. You really helped me out, thanks!
    Now I can finally make a nice graph of my data... let's see what it tells
    me...

    Regards,

    Kristiaan