Address Formatting

  1. #1
    Justin
    Guest

    Address Formatting

    I have 200 columns containing partial addresses (number, street & city). How
    do I seperate each into int's own field. (I've tried 'rows to columns' with
    no success.

  2. #2
    Martin P
    Guest

    RE: Address Formatting

    Do you use commas or spaces to separate the items? Are some of the form 40
    Brown Street and others of the form 40 John Brown Street? It might be more
    convenient to do the change via Word. Could you provide 2 or 3 examples?

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Address Formatting

    Justin

    How is the data laid out?

    First of all.....are the addresses really in 200 columns?

    How many rows? Or all one row?

    Please provide more detail and perhaps a sample of your data.

    Do not send a file, just copy a sample and paste into a post.

    BTW....what is "rows to columns" that you tried? Text to Columns? Transpose?

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP